Monday, January 5, 2009

What is Haritaki


All seven types of Haritaki fruit have their own unique look, flavor and benefits as well as anthraquinone-like (laxative) chemicals, tannins and astringents. Haritaki fruit is part of triphala, the three-fruit formula in Ayurveda. It is generally administered in triphala form rather than by itself to draw upon its tonic effects.
Haritaki has been shown to nourish tissues, particularly the heart, liver, and kidney. It is used to treat diseases of the eye (both internally and externally). In addition, Haritaki, by blocking the ability to utilize sugars, may help to eliminate bacteria and have cholesterol-lowering qualities.
It is amazing what a small little fruit can do to help us with our every day illnesses and even with our struggles with weight lose. I personally have suffered all my life with weight problems and could never find anything to work for me until I got into the natural ways of helping my body function. You can see some of the other blogs I have written below and please check out my blog that tells you how I have been making my dreams come true. "Believe me when I say, we have a lot to learn from the Ancients and their 5,000 years of naturopathic medicine .
God Bless,

Rebekah

1 comment:

  1. let me quote one of the lines in the article " i got into the natural ways of helping my body function"....

    i guess this is a good way of treating ourself besides pampering from spa and parlors which is just for external, this time we should work on our external besides this great article i also found a site that is very informative also, please see it for yourself: http://www.plantstemcells.net/

    their product detoxify, heals and regenerate cells.

    ReplyDelete